Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Okay… Where to start? It’s been awhile and I have so much shit going on that not much dating has happened in the past few months. Unfortunately, I have not met up with Jew-Mom connection girl. She went away, and then I went away, and then she was in Florida for three months helping out her dad – yada, yada, yada – so it hasn’t happened yet but I will get ‘er done if it’s the last thing I do this summer before moving.


Yes. Things are a little crazy now. I've been really busy with work, traveling (been to Colorado, Costa Rica, and CA three times), and the deathblow to my dating life - I moved to Long Island and live with my parents. BUT this is part of a greater transition as I am moving to Hawaii in August! Like I said it has been a crazy year. And even crazier next year when I move to China the following year!! Why you may ask yourself?


For years, though I have been successful, I have struggled with my career direction. I have had a string of different jobs that lead to dead-ends. In most cases, I just got bored and needed a change. My current gig has been good to me but I have serious issues with the leadership and management of the company, and ultimately I believe my particular unit is going to fail or lose money until things change which means less $$$ for me. I took my GMAT about 4 years ago just in case I wanted to go to business school at some point, and Princeton Review was sending me all these emails about different MBA programs. Last summer I got a notification about a China focused MBA program through the University of Hawaii (http://www.shidler.hawaii.edu/).


When I read about it then, I thought, "Oh. Cool!" And immediately forgot about it. In the fall I read the book, The World is Flat: A Brief History of the 21st Century by Thomas Friedman. In short the book is about Globalization and how it is changing the world we live in. The book was amazing, and a third of the book was about China’s emergence as a world power in business, so the light bulb in my head went on and I remembered the program. I started putting an application (the only application I did) together in Feb, and submitted before the Scholarship deadline of March 1st. A week later I had my admissions interview, and the woman was so impressed with me that she told me I would be getting a scholarship award which is pretty dope. Scholarships are unheard of for MBA programs so it is awesome that I will only have to pay about 50% of tuition. I have started getting all the paperwork and already have a @hawaii.edu email address. The two year program is one year in Honolulu, and one year in China. Then who knows where I will go?! This should be the adventure of a lifetime… my lifetime. The fun begins August 18th in Honolulu so come visit!


On to the some blog news… Yesterday I was pretty sure this blog was soon to be over, but I decided to go back and read it all this morning and am having second thoughts. Shit, I forgot half of this shit that happened and it was cool to revisit everything. It is truly amazing how this whole blog and dating experiment affected my life. When I started I was really down in the dumps from a shitty break-up, and it brought me back to normal and even better. Thanks for those who are still checking back even though I pretty much stopped writing. This year as proved to be insanely busy but I have been chilling with a few steady "Betty's" because I haven't had the time to meet new chicks. I am open to meeting some people but the environment hasn’t been too conducive so we will see what happens. Maybe I will try to churn out a few dates this summer with some Long Island chicks. I will be for sure revisiting the internet dating world come August when I get to Honolulu so stay tuned for some action later this in the year.


Until next time,
Z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home