Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Something Old, Something New



It’s been an interesting couple of weeks here. Let’s start with a quick “dating” story. So I do not know if I really alluded to it but I have been seeing someone all summer. I wouldn’t call it dating because it is very casual. We are friends with benefits, f**k buddies, or she’s just a booty call. Whatever it is, it works for me! I am sure it could have been something more but I made sure to keep my distance. If Organic Yoga girl had too much fun on any given week, I would try to avoid hanging out for another 2-3 weeks, which was not too hard give my busy schedule these days.


So a month or so ago, she was sleeping over, and I was just about ready to pass out and she say says, “Can I ask you a serious question?” Obviously not! But I indulged and let her ask away. She wanted to know if I care if she saw other people. I was seeing other people so I figured it would only be fair if she did too. I didn’t tell her that though. I told her I couldn’t give her a serious relationship and if she wanted to look for that she should. In short, no I didn’t care.


Two weeks ago, I tried to make plans with her to get together via IM. She declined but told me she was going to call me anyways. I thought why the fuck would she want to call me if we aren’t getting together to F**k. I pretty much knew where the conversation was going and didn’t care either way. So she calls me up later that evening to tell me she has been going out with new people and doesn’t feel comfortable sleeping with me anymore. I told her I completely understood but would miss it a little.


Shortly thereafter, I sent her an email suggesting a “breakup” sex meeting, which was a complete joke because we were never together. The next morning I get a response. She thinks it’s a great idea and we should plan it for next week. By the time I get to work she has decided she wants to do it that night! So be it. I went over there that night. She made me dinner, and after we did it. Not too long after, I put on my clothes, said goodbye, and went home. Done right? I get to work the next day, and she IM’s me that she changed her mind and is ok with the way things are! Too funny!!


Okay. Next item of business. I went out for lunch with my ex on Friday. Theee EX, the one who spurned me to this crazy social experiment. When she suggested lunch I she put out the official “No way you are getting any from me,” message. Lunch is pretty neutral ground. I suppose that was not a bad idea considering the way things went the last two times. The first time I saw her after we broke up, I made it a point to remind her of all the shitty shit she did to me because she never admitted any guilt. And she cried the whole time. The second time I or we blew each other off.


This meeting contained far less drama, pretty much none actually. It was civil. We just kind of gave each other updates on life. Nothing too much of interest for me. She has a man friend we didn’t talk about much, and I got to hear about all her friends, some of which I actually liked, others I could care less about. I was little surprised to hear she is kind of over the spot where she moved to, and the job she moved there for. Serves her right! NYC is the shit! Good luck finding a new career. That shit sucks!


On to new business. I went out on a new date this week! Here are the quick stats: teacher, vegetarian, runner, walker, reader, 5’10, brown hair, pretty cute. We met at Luna Park. It is pretty clear as this experiment runs its course I am putting in way less effort. I think this may be the first time I have back to back picked the same place. Weather permitting I may even go back there with a new chick on Friday.


The date itself was pretty good. We talked about a lot of shit, and wasn’t too eventful in terms of funny stories. There was certainly a little of that awkward good tension. She was definitely a tall glass of water I wouldn’t mind getting to know better if you know what I am saying. Looks like I will probably have to go on a few dates for that though. She seemed like the nice girl type but who knows. She could be a freak in the sack. I think she might even be datable. I have been trying to figure out what the right time to call after the first date is. It’s already the third night after. What do I do?? Just kidding.


I am sure it doesn’t matter much. My social calendar already booked out for the weekend. It’s my favorite time of the year! Halloween! I might call her tonight or tomorrow just to say hello. We will see. Anyways there are two red flags. Firstly, she lives on 175th. Shit I can get a nose bleed from going that far up in the city, or more likely get mugged. Secondly, she wants to go away to grad school next sum, making for a clear to end to any relationship that may start. I would at least like to try to extract something from this  so we’ll see where this goes…


I haven’t acknowledged it yet but this experiment has run its course over a year now. I think it’s pretty safe to say it may no longer even be an experiment. I can confidently say that the internet dating site is just a part of my repertoire, another tool to meet chicks. I do much better finding chicks to talk to in bars these days. So what if I never bring any of them home or rarely get digits. I have been out with about around 30 chicks this year. More than my whole life before that!! Hopefully this next year can be another banner year.


Anyways, I just canceled my membership to Match. I am going to a take a little breather. The site was okay but there was too much too choose from and it was hard to narrow down exactly what I was looking for but at the same time it was better than anything else so I would go back. I will try something different for a month maybe. I still haven’t done Asian or Catholic singles yet! There is also eHarmony and Chemistry but those are geared towards love and real relationships. I think I am enjoying the just-have-fun mojo still. Well I have two more dates that I will work from Match, and if those leads don’t work out and I get back to square one, I will make a decision from there. So to all those who have been reading this year, thanks for following along, and I will try to keep it up even it is sporadic at times…


Peace!
Z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home