Friday, July 27, 2007

Nice Cliffhanger, right??

7-9-2007. HJ chick met me at the Rome train station. Well at this point, I do not need to call her HJ chick anymore. Now that she finally gave up the goods we can call her Organic Yoga chick again. This “date” was as they say, “money in the bank.” She was on the last day of her three week vacation, riding a three week high and having her last hoorah. I was certain all I had to do was show up and I would be scoring, and I was right. Anyways, we met up and found a hotel room quickly. I had a whole debate with the hotel reception about being allowed to have a guest in my room. She technically wasn’t staying the night but I still could not have her up in my room unless I paid for a double. After some futile debating, I shelled out an extra 25 euro for my “hotel.”

We went for a nice long walk around the Coliseum and the Forum. Walking around Rome, and Italy in general is like being in walking around a museum. There are is a shitload of ancient buildings with beautiful art and architecture. After our exploration, we went out for a dinner at Fiorio de Campo, an area with a lot of nightlife. I can’t remember the name of the restaurant but it was some damn fine cuisine. I had a swordfish with pesto. Very yummy. Following dinner we sat in an outdoor café on the piazza, and got wasted and smoked cigarrettes. It was a pretty decent time. I think at this point it’s safe to say I am not to crazy about this chick but I am going through the motions. Who knows? Maybe she will grow on me. Needless to say, we went back and “got it on” many times. And then she left at 4AM to go back to her hotel and get ready to go home. Back to being solo but feeling pretty good!

7-10-2007. The next day I slept in, packed up my bags to upgrade to my sister’s swanky hotel, the Westin Excelsior. The place was pimpin’. The room was probably bigger than my whole apartment, and had a chandelier, 45 inch flat screen plasma, and velvet wallpaper. The shower also had three heads! After dropping off my bags, I set off to wonder around Rome on my own. In my wanderings, I found a bike shop and decided to rent a bike for the day. They actually had scooters too but I chickened out. Rome is a crazy city to drive around. There are so many winding alleys, one way streets, and street signs in foreighn languages. If I rented the scooter I would have for sure done something stupid and got hurt. Renting the bike, I only got lost about 15 times, and had a couple of near misses with cars.


This is where I stopped writing about the trip. It's been about 3 weeks since than, and the finer details are starting to get hazy so I will try to breeze through this second half with the highlights. After my ride around Rome, I headed up to Florence. I thought it was a beautiful city but was pretty turned off by the tourism. I took a day trip to Siena which was neat. I ate a shit load of good food and did a shitload of walking. Italy is like a giant museum. Tons of ancient buildings and statues. The highlight of my trip to Italy was a 15 mile bike tour of the countryside outside of Florence. The climax was a picnic at a winery/olive press, accompanied by tours of each. On the way back to the states I stopped in London for the weekend for more eating and drinking. We did an awesome day trip to Cambridge where I went "punting" on the River Cam. So thats my trip in a nutshell. Europe was great. I came and conquered, and can't wait to go back.

I've been back for about 10 days now, and have not been on any new dates, though I did spend a night with Orgo-Yogi girl. It's a decent time but I am certainly not crazy about her, so I need to keep playing the field in the mean time. I am working on some new shite now, but I am losing ground. My drive on the Match site is losing steam, but I am sure there will be plenty more storied to come, as my 3 month membership just lapsed, and I was automatically signed up for 3 more months. Ooops! I am sure a couple of new dates will get me going again. Anyways, as soon as something new is going on I will be sure to let everyone know...

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home